Monday, February 16, 2009

February Design Team Challenge

Here is the design team challenge for this month. Our challenge this month was to use a black and white picture on our layout. I also tried a few new things along with this layout. I have never embraced chipboard much but I finally found some swirly chipboard shapes that I loved so I painted that with acrylic paint. I also was watching a scrapbook show on HGTV and saw these awesome ribbon flowers and thought I should try that out on my layout. Here is the link to the episode http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_scrapbooking/article/0,2025,DIY_13776_4453391,00.html I practiced a few times and couldn't get one of the flowers to work quite right. I don't know if my paper was not the best for this or if I had the wrong ribbon or what it was but I was bound and determined to get some ribbon flowers. I ended up Googling scrapbook ribbon flowers and found a youtube clip. This lady used a little different technique so I tried it and it worked much better for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9P4bfuAHPQ. I ended up using 1 flower from the scrapbook show on HGTV and the flower from the youtube video to finish my layout. I thought they turned out pretty good for my first ribbon flowers! Hope you like it! Here it is:

No comments: