Monday, September 8, 2008

Apple picking!

Yesterday we went with my friend Julie and her family to go and pick apples in Weston, MO. We had a blast! I don't think I have ever been apple picking before so it was all new to me. Both of the kids really liked picking the apples and Lili even tried the apples while we were picking! Mason enjoyed picking the apples but not eating them so much. He did try some apple cider donuts though for the first time! Of course we have always told him that he would like donuts but he didn't believe us till yesterday! LOL After we were done apple picking we headed over to another farm that had a little bit of everything. It was beautiful there! They had the pumpkins lined up and ready to take home. They also had watermellon, beautiful mums, corn, apples, peaches, and lots of farm animals. The kids loved it there as well. Here are some pictures from our outing yesterday:




I can't wait to scrapbook these pictures! I think they will look great! So, I got to thinking, what am I going to do with all of these apples!!!! The search was on for some apple recipes. I had just gotten my latest issue of my Rachael Ray magazine that has several apple recipes in it. I also found some others in some of my cookbooks. It got me thinking that I should make a book full of all of my apple recipes! My friend Julie had told me about smilebox and how she was pooling her apple recipes on there so I thought I would do the same! Here is one of the recipes that I found in the Rachael Ray magazine:
Click to play Yummy Chili
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard
It sounds so yummy! I think I am going to make it either tonight or tomorrow!

No comments: